My name is Kate and I'm a photographer! I started my photography journey five years ago. I was gifted my first camera and from that moment, one has rarely left my hands. Photography for me is more than just a hobby and a job, it's a passion, an artistic outlet, and a rewarding challenge at each and every photo opportunity. I love being able to tell stories with photographs and having the ability to capture a moment that will last long after that moment has passed.
I started out my photography with floral and landscape work. The natural world has always been an inspiration to me. There is so much beauty all around us. I love being able to share pieces of that beauty through my art. After my floral and landscape work, I began photographing senior portraits and stylized shoots. (Stylized shoots are some of my favorite. An aesthetic or theme that the client and me work on together. It's unique and fun!). My next venture was conceptual art. I love the creativity that comes with it and the ability to tell a story.
Since then I have expanded into other fields including children, family, couple, and pet photography. In the future, I'd like to get into boudoir as well.
I am always open to business inquiries!
Currently, I attend the University of Pittsburgh and am working toward two majors (Fiction Writing and History) and a minor (German Language). I'm thinking of adding a film studies minor.
Besides Photography, my other passion is writing. Since I was 11, I've been writing and working on novels. At 16 I finished my first novel and am editing and reediting it, hoping to have it published in the near future. My dream is to continue writing novels and managing my own photography business.
Some fun facts about me!
- My favorite color is lilac
- I'm a complete History nerd (if you couldn't tell by my major)
- I'm a Nikon girl
- My photography has been published in several magazines
- My writing has also been published
- My first novel was 626 pages when I first finished it (Crazy!)
- The Harry Potter Series, The Eragon Series, and the Pendragon Series are some of my favorites
- I'm obsessed with Batman (Christian Bale as Batman is perfection)
- I grew up watching a Star Wars movie almost every week
- I'm secretly a cat lady in training
- Music inspires my ideas for creative photography
My aim is to capture moments that are natural and beautiful.
Stay Tuned for new content and a few special projects I have in the works!
My Blog will be updated sporadically but will be filled with updates on my work and life in general.
Don't forget to like my business page on Facebook!